Major changes are coming for employers who wish to hire people on work visas. From mid- 2022, the Government will require you to be an accredited employer before you can support a migrant worker for a work visa. The Government announced this policy in 2019 so that employers have time to meet the Government’s requirements.
Once the Government announces detailed policy criteria, Visa Matters can help your business become an accredited employer. We will assess your eligibility, identify any gaps, recommend any necessary changes, and help you to lodge your application to become an accredited employer. We expect that accredited employer applications will be open from early 2022.
Remember, we can help your company comply with complex New Zealand Immigration Law. We can provide help with:
- Employer accreditation applications
- In-house immigration training for your HR staff
- Immigration assistance during the transfer of employees (within NZ or from anywhere else globally to NZ)
- One-off or multiple visa applications
- Work visa applications including renewals
- Resident visa applications
- Visa problems such as responding to any letters of concern (PPI letters) from INZ
- Section 61 requests (for those who are unlawfully in NZ)
- Ministerial Interventions & Special Directions
- Ombudsman complaints
- Appeals to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal (IPT)
- Career Services for your staff – CV writing, cover letters, interview preparation, and LinkedIn profiles